Saturday, August 22, 2009

Getting Ready for the IronGirl Triathlon and Self Transcendence Marathon

In the next 4 days I have two big events: the IronGirl Triathlon and the Self-Transcendence Marathon. I am excited and nervous about both.


I have not swim, or biked a significant distance (well except once: the practice swim and the tour de cure bike event) since last year. And I have not run a significant distance since VT100. But alas I am planning to fake my way through both events. If I just believe I can do it, I can do it.


And the weather looks perfect for both events, mid to upper 70's/lower 80's and sunny for both the Tri and the Marathon. Of course weather.com has been known to be unreliable so I could end up continuing my streak since the spring of doing events in the rain.


I plan to take lots of pictures during both events. The IronGirl is such a cute event. And at the Self Transcendence marathon I have lots of friends (who will be lapping me numerous times). And if the weather is sunny and nice, my pictures will come out. My camera has it's floaties on and is attached to the lanyard so it is already for the swim.


I am not sure I will particularly well at either event because I am not well trained. And I am incompetent at swimming, biking and to a lesser extent running. For my last IronGirl Tri, my time was about ~3:40 and the previous one ~3:20. And for my last marathon my time was about 14 hours. Although perhaps I have set the bar so low, I can only improve:-)

1 comment:

joyRuN said...

Good luck, girl! Can't wait to hear how you do.