Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Thank You" to My Super Friends! And a picture of Puffie after the massive snowstorms

Here is PowderPuffGirl, our youngest seal lynx ragdoll cat at just over 5 years old. She has many aliases including but not limited to: Powder, Puffie, Puffle, Powdie, Uffle (because she had a phase when she whizzed inappropriately on everything!), PuffPuff, and squirrel tail (take a look at her tail in this picture for how this name was given).

Puffie is a very sweet cat with lots of personality.
She is quite the daredevil and seems to have no off switch in her quest to get into mischief.



I am always inspired by all of my friends! I am so fortunate to have so many friends in different area's of my life: professional, running, pet-owners, fellow-bloggers just to name a few; but everyone I know are such exceptional people doing extraordinary things.

As I watch the Olympics I am so impressed by all of the athletes who are digging deep and doing such incredible feats. But I cannot relate to these athletes as do with those who I know, run with, share meals & rooms, hike, or even volunteer with!

I know I am very fortunate to have friends and family who consistently believe in me, even when I may not believe in myself.

In running I have consistently been mediocre at best and terrible at worst. But regardless of what my time is or what my placement is in races my friends are always so encouraging! This means a lot to me.

Because of getting hit by a car about 15 years ago, sometimes I have pretty bad pain in my right leg. It seems to come and go and I never really know if I will have a good or bad day/week or even month. Occasionally people will notice I have a limp, but I try very hard to not let this show nor let it prevent me from accomplishing my goals. But I could not do this alone!

I do not know of any better motivation or painkiller than friends alongside me on a race course or cheering me from the course of remotely from afar. I know that I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends who will support and encourage me no matter what. For this I am so thankful!

No comments: