Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Umstead 100 Bound!

At Umstead 100 in 2008
Running to the Finish in 2008 (in under 29 hours...maybe this year sub-28??)
I have just sucessfully signed up for Umstead. I am mentally prepared. Now I just need to get physically prepared. I have a good 6 months, so I should be good to go!

I really enjoy the Umstead 100 experience. The race personal are all really nice, the course is manageable and I love the scent of Wisteria at 4 points during each lap. I am really excited to be able to add this to my list of upcoming events.
I hope my sister will be able to crew and pace me next April. I have fired Tristan at Vermont 100 and am not sure I will have forgotten all his transgressions and deficiencies as a crew and pseudo-pacer within the next 6 months! Actually I was just reminded a few weeks ago while visiting a friend in Colorado about how at Umstead when Tristan paced me the last lap, he comandeered my RAINJACKET!!! Pacers shouldn't take their runners stuff especially when the runner is cold and wet! He's definitely fired!

No comments: