Thursday, August 21, 2008

Columbia Tri Results from 2007

In preparation for this year's IronGirl Triathlon I have refreshed my memory about how poorly I performed last year. I was shocked to find out it took me nearly 15 minutes in transition 1 (from swim to bike). Olympic quality athletes could be 1/2 way through any one of the sports in the time it took me to clean my feet. Clearly I am lucky feet cleaning is not an essential part to my typical life because I really stink at it! My husband very politely informed me that based on this I am in the lowest 99th percentile of transition times...gotta love him and his statistics!

Here is a summary of my stats from last year (on a positive note: I think based on my 2007 performance I have set the bar at a fairly achievable level, right?):

OverallFinish .... AgePlace ......... FinishTime
1641/1702 ......... 348/359 ......... 3:03:30.25

SwimPlc ........ SwimTime..... Trans1Place .... Trans1Time
342 ................. 37:35............... 358/359 .......... 14:10

BikePlace....... BikeTime ..... BikeRate ..... Trans2Place ....Trans2Time
342 ............... 1:31:38.......... 11.5 .............. 312/358 ............ 3:14

RunPlace ........ RunTime ..... RunPace
261 .................. 36:56.............. 10:52



My friend Ann and I at the pre-IronGirl swim a few weeks ago (this was before the swim when the race director itook our picture at this sign... guess someone is illiterate, eh?)






Taking a Victory Lap around the lake after our swimming efforts!

2 comments:

Jamie Donaldson said...

Good Luck Tammy!

Runner Tammy said...

Jamie,

Thank you!

And good luck to you at Lean Horse 100 this weekend (I definitely picked the easier event as even if I take advantage of the maximum time limit I am finishing on the same day as when I started:-)

Tammy