Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slovenia Bound: And highlights of last years Breakers Marathon (which Slovenia vs Breakers; Slovenia always wins!)

Fishing for my post-race meal
What a beautiful Rocky shore, and HUGE houses!
I think I could take up surfing instead of running!
My post-race lobster "Pinchey"


Walking along the Cliff Walk after the race (what a beautiful trail!)

This weekend instead of running the Breakers Marathon (which I signed up for in January because I LOVED the race so much), I will be heading to Slovenia. Above are pictures from the Breakers Marathon, which I highly recommend. It is a beautiful course, very nice spectators along the course and of course you get a finishers lobster! I really enjoyed my race last year and this year Tristan and I were planning to stay almost a week in Newport RI. But alas in June I was approached to speak at an international conference and of course said yes!

I am looking forward to my business trip to Slovenia. I will be attending and presenting two sessions at the Drug Information Association (DIA) Clinical Forum. I am very excited about this opportunity and always enjoy DIA conferences (I was at Boston in June for the DIA Annual meeting). I think the conference is well organized, the sessions interesting and relevant and I always learn something. This time as speaker, hopefully attendees will be able to say the same about my sessions.
I hope to get some runs in at Slovenia. I suspect my first few days will be quite jet-lagged but after a few days my intention is to run at least 20 miles in the Slovenia countryside (to keep up training of course:-) as well as to see the sights. I think I will have a great time! But since I am unsure of internet availability this may be my last post for about 10 days.

1 comment:

CTmarathoner said...

boy, you just don't stop!!!!