Thursday, June 4, 2009

Krispy Kreme Free Donut Day: June 5th!

It's time to celebrate that it's once again: Krispy Kreme Donut Day. Yummy!!!


I am not having the best day, week, month or even year ever.
But I am trying to remain positive. And one of those glimmers of hope comes in the form of Krispy Kreme Free Donut Day. And that is tomorrow. I am so excited....

The only improvement to Krispy Kreme Free Donut Day would be having it in conjunction with freebie ice cream scoop day, free taco day and free cup of coffee day, but a historic election day that incorporates all of these freebie treats comes only once in a lifetime... I can still remember it like it was yesterday! (and so can my beer/donut/ice cream gut:-)

For those of you not fortunate enough to have a local Krispy Kreme, you have my sympathy. For those of you who do (which you can find a list of participating Krispy Kremes here), I challenge you to a donut eating contest.

I have come up with my strategy and it involves at least two trips to the donut shop (hey, I'm a frequent buyer so I don't feel bad about over-indulging in Krispy Kreme's generosity). One donut will be on my way to work and one donut will be after work with Tristan, Gilligan and one of our doggie/person friends. I may try to coerce a few co-workers to go there for lunch buy I am not as optimistic about this third potential trip. But I can dream.

In fact in the spirit of eating donuts, I do strongly consider doing the Donut Run in NC, however, so far it just has not worked with my running calendar (I know I have really messed up priorities--Homer Simpson I am not-well at least not yet!)
Enjoy dreaming about donuts and then living out the dream tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jimbo said...

Considering I work just a few minutes from the site of the Krispy Kreme donut challenge, you would think I would have heard of it before! Anyway - I believe the next one is Feb next year, so I'm thinking "training" run for Umstead - run>eat>run>repeat.

joyRuN said...

Ohhhh! My favoritest thing is a Krispy Kreme heated up in the micro for 10 seconds then devoured with a cup of coffee. YUM.

Runner Tammy said...

Jimbo,

I cannot believe you have not heard of the Krispy Kreme Donut Challenge...that is my Mt. Everest/Badwater...one day I will do it and hope to win (if there is a skillset I have, it is running and feasting simultaneously).

Joy,

You are right, heated Krispy Kremes are so tasty...but even better are hot Krispy Kremes straight from the conveyer belt. You need to make a road trip to a Krispy Kreme store where they "leave the light on for you" when the donuts are hot and fresh.

There is a Krispy Kreme Store in Richmond, where you (& I) are doing the Marathon this fall. As I recall the course gets within 2 miles of the Krispy Kreme. I feel a race detour coming on! Or you could take the easy way out and just go there before/after the race or packet pick up.

Tammy