In my earlier post you can learn about Gilligan's adventure in voting (he made it all the way to the voting booth with me and advised me on some choices I had no opinion...I am not convinced appelate judges have much influence on my life).
After the pets vet appointment (everyone is healthy), Tristan and I decided to partake in voting festivities by getting lots of free treats. Our evening consisted of:
1) Krispy Kreme Donut--need I say more? I love donuts and getting a free one for something I would do anyway is a real treat.
2) Starbucks Decaf Coffee-I am not a big fan of starbucks (or coffee), but free is free, right?? And I pretty much poured 15 sugar packets which always makes coffee better (hey, if I run marathons, I can use my calories however I want until I get diabetes!)
3) Ben & Jerry's free single scoop-I love Ben & Jerry's (sigh...). And one cannot beat a free cone of Chocolate Fudge Brownie Frozen Yogurt! Oh yeah, and I was able to remisce about my VT100 run and talk about my future VT100, which is a race close enough to Stowe VT that we can make a pilgrimage. Have I said I LOVE Ben&Jerry's?? Oh yeah and we got a coupon for a buy one get one free ice cream in the future. The only thing that would have been better would be a free Vermonster! (which is 29 scoops of ice cream, 1 cup of all their toppings and a full cannister of whipped cream). I am drooling just thinking of this.
4) California Tortilla for a free taco-I chose a free Blackened Chicken ceaser taco. It was just the right portion after the donut, coffee and ice cream.
5) Another starbucks decaf coffee-we were near a different starbucks and I was starting to have sugar withdrawal, so I dropped in.
I am now full and pleased with my voting diet. While Chik filet had a freebie chicken sandwich, it would have been a bit difficult to get to this store. As far as I know, we went to every location we could get treats and food. It almost was like a birthday (which typically you can get a few treats and freebies) without the extra grey hairs:-)
In addition to voting, taking pets to the vet, work and getting lots of treats I actually had one more exciting event:
I signed up for two triathlons.
1) IronGirl in Columbia on August 24th-my friend Ann signed up as well so we will train together (well as soon as I replace my bike which was STOLEN from the bike rack in my office buildings garage just before I went to Slovenia, aarghh!)
2) Half IronMan in Bear Delaware on Sept 14th. This will be at essentially the same venue as my C&D marathon this past weekend. I had such a good time and enjoyed the course and the enthusiasm of the volunteers that I sort of impulsively signed up. I think I can do it. Anyway my goal is to do an IronMan in the near future, so I have to increase the length of my Triathlons (I can't fake my way through an IronMan, can I?)
Happy Running and Happy Voting!