Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Umstead 100 mile list

Here is a list of items I have put into my two drop bags...Basically both of my drop bags have identical items within them but the main aid station has my "favorites". For example, I have clothing that it more comfortable, is easier to get into/out of and even clothing that I consider "lucky". In this case, my preferred outfit is at the main aid station.

My expectation is that during major wardrobe changes, I will plan to be at the main aid station (it is in a building, there is a real floor, not dirt and it is slightly heated and not exposed to weather). Of course I will be open to doing stuff at the second aid station because the stupidest thing I did my first Umstead was ignore a foot issue that got really horrible as I went from Aid Station 2 back to the main aid station (unfortunately a volunteer suggested incorrectly that my feet were fine and I could not bend down to see that they looked like hamburger meat...5 miles later I had blisters over blisters and pus oozing in places pus does not belong!)

Of course this list excludes my outfit however, this will consist of my usual seamless bra and underpants covered by a vibrant pink tank with my name on it and a matching marathon girl skirt, On my feet I will have my asics gel kayano shoes, drymax socks and hawaiin themed gaiters. If it is chilly of course I will also be wearing pant, a jacket and perhaps a thermal shirt. My definition of chilly is anything below about 72 degrees:-).

For those of you running Umstead (or any other endurance event). Feel free to poach this list (and if you notice anything is missing of course feel free to tell me, ASAP!)

CLOTHING
Shoe Change
Drymax socks
gaiters
sneakers
glide
Wet Weather
Rainjacket
Rainpants
Poncho
Rain Hat
Seal Skinz
Bandana
Cold Weather
Thick shirt
Thick pants
Windbreaker
Windpants
Re-Supply
Meds
Ipod #2
Garmin #2
Sunny Weather
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Baseball hat
Night Time
Flashlight
Headlamp
MISC ITEMS
Sparkeley Fanny Pack
Ipod
Garmin
Sunglasses
Headlamp
Flashlight
Marathon Bar
Meds pack
Camera
Spare Battery
Bandana
Poncho
Wet wipes
Misc Items
Bandana
Wet Wipes
Meds
Spare Water Bottle
Poncho
In/Out
Prescription Glasses
Contact holder
Meds
FEET
Scissors
Moleskin
Foot Powder
WetWipes
SUN
Lipbalm
Sunscreen
STOMACH
Tums
Ginger Chews
Pepto
Food Treats
Marathon Bars
Bagged Candy
Bagged Goldfish
Electronics
Garmin #2
Ipod #2
Cell phone
Spare Batteries

No comments: